Want to Get More Involved with AYP?
Do you have a passion for being a leader? A desire to help better the community?
A love for Abilene?
We get it. We do too.
Apply your passions and love for Abilene by filling out the AYP Steering Committee interest form.
The Abilene Young Professional Steering Committee is comprised of 15 volunteers who are the decision makers and ambassadors for the program. Board members serve one three-year term and meet monthly.
Benefits include: - Gaining invaluable team-building experience and developing leadership skills for future professional roles - Setting direction for programming and future vision including input on events, marketing and public relations - Gaining personal and business relationships through close interactions with fellow steering committee members, AYP members, and Chamber personnel
Requirements and Expectations:
- Must be a current AYP member
- Employer must be a member of the Abilene Chamber of Commerce
- Ensure all events and actions of organization comply with the mission of AYP to attract, retain and engage young professionals in the Abilene area
- Attend orientation session to gain insight and understanding on the inner workings of the Chamber of Commerce Subcommittee duties as assigned
- Complete tasks assigned by the Chair of the steering committee
- Attend at least 50 percent of AYP events and 75 percent of monthly steering committee meetings
Click here to fill out the Steering Committee Interest Form. Deadline is July 8, 2022