Flexibility Is the Key to Airpower
Oh 2020, what a year you have been. Truth be told, I promised the Chamber and a number of people I would steer away from the “military lingo” during my time as Chair for AYP this year but alas, I couldn’t help it.
First of all, I am truly humbled, honored and EXTREMELY EXCITED to serve as your chair during year seven of AYP. Despite the crazy times we all live in and the added stressors we are all having to deal with this year, I vow that your steering committee is committed to ensuring that your membership this year will be one of the most beneficial and unique ones yet!
So back to my military analogy! There’s an “unofficial” phrase that we often hear in the Air Force: Flexibility is the key to airpower. So what does that mean? As most of you know, organizations are built on missions and goals. Our mission and goal for AYP is to attract, retain and engage with like-minded professionals just like you.
In a year of uncertainty, flexibility requires us to be fluid in our decision making processes to guarantee we are accomplishing the mission and the goals set forth by your organization and to ensure you are achieving the most your membership has to offer.
With that being said, here are your steering committees key priorities on how we plan to be flexible over the next year:
· Develop a hybrid mindset for this year’s goals (virtual/in-person) by being innovative and creative with our current/new events and opportunities.
· Focus on making any virtual events beneficial by offering prominent speakers from a diverse network for personal and professional development.
· Encourage involvement by offering more opportunities for our membership to engage in organizational events.
· Rebuild Campus Connect into a membership venue of mentorship for our local area college students.
· Continue to grow our membership as an inclusive and diverse group of young professionals.
· Represent our community as leaders by being mindful and respectful of our current climate.
The best part about being flexible is that we can maneuver anything accordingly by listening to feedback and ideas from you, our members.
We are always striving to be better, and with your help we can do that. Your entire steering committee values your input, so PLEASE give it to us. The good, the bad, and the ugly so that we can continue to provide a personal, professional, and networking platform that you enjoy and can be proud of. I look forward to seeing and hearing from each of you!