Business: Abilene Mortgage Center/Coleman County State Bank
Job title: Vice President-Mortgage Loan Officer
Why are you working in this industry? I love helping people and I like a challenge. Buying a home is one of the biggest purchases most people make. It’s important to me that they feel comfortable and are guided through the process in a way that eases their minds and makes their dreams come true.
What are three daily habits that have helped you to become successful? 1. Be organized, even if that means 100 sticky notes on your desk! 2. Communicate, always share your expectations of timelines and task with everyone involved. If everyone understands what each party is doing, everything moves along a lot smoother. 3. Give grace, to myself & those around me. We all have jobs, families, etc and no one knows what everyone is going through.
What is the best advice you have ever received? I don’t know if you would call it advice or more of a demand, but when my current boss starting telling me 15 years ago…”Make it Happen” I would get frustrated. He wouldn’t figure things out for me, he would simply say “Make it Happen” (even the impossible) I hear those words often now in my head when I’m doing something. “Make it Happen” taught me to believe in myself & to never stop trying.
What is an accomplishment that shaped your career? Becoming a mother and having a family probably shaped my career more than anything. My boys are the reason I do everything. I want to make a difference for them and they have made me more determined & focused to succeed in my career and in life.
What was your first summer job? My first summer job was working at a Photography Studio in Coleman. I worked there from the time I was 15 until I went to college. I worked in a photography studio all through college as well.
Where will we find you enjoying your hard-earned time off? With my family & friends, probably on a beach!
If you were to give one piece of advice to someone starting out in your field what would it be? Don’t give up and don’t work yourself to death. This is not an easy business, but it is very rewarding and the relationships that are built make it worthwhile.
· Beltway Park Baptist Church - Member
· Abilene Cattle Barons Ball benefitting American Cancer Society committee member & Co-chair 2019
· Abilene Chamber of Commerce
- Leadership Abilene Class of 2013
- Leadership Abilene 2014 Committee
- Leadership Abilene 2015 Chair Economy Day
- Abilene Business Council Board Member 2013-2017
- Business Expo Co-Chair
- I Buy Big Country Co-Chair
- Abilene Business Council Chair 2016-2017
- Abilene Young Professionals - Member
· Junior Achievement Volunteer
· March of Dimes Volunteer
· Professional Women in Building – Member
· Abilene Board of Realtors-Affiliate Member
· Women’s Council of Realtors-Affiliate Member
· City of Abilene 2014 Graduate
· Friends of the Library Board Member
· Home Builders Association-Affiliate Member & Board of Director
Your family: Cory and I have been married for almost 20 years. We have two amazing boys. Braxdyn is 9 years old & one of the smartest kids I have ever seen. Bennett is 5 years old & has never met a stranger. All “3” of my boys are my world. I am lucky to have our family close & tons of Abilene friends.