Business: Tigé Boats
Job title: President
Why are you working in this industry? I love it. I love Tigé. I love boats, especially wake and surf boats. I always have and I always will!
What are three daily habits that have helped you to become successful?
1. Be optimistic. It’s all good. And if it isn’t, it will be.
2. I wouldn’t say it’s a habit yet, but I try really hard to give people undivided attention. I’m a work in progress on that one.
3. Be thankful for everything.
Who is the person who most influenced you in business? It would have to be two people without a doubt. My dad, from a young age and today, and his willingness to teach and explain life, practices, and his businesses. And Charlie Pigeon, who has taken the time to mentor and grow my professional career all the way through my present leadership at Tigé Boats.
What is the best advice you have ever received? “Your Kingdom come, your will be done” – Matthew (6:10)
“Don’t let ‘em see you sweat.” – My dad when I was 14. So, I try to always keep composure and confidence, even when it might be a struggle or long shot under the surface.
What was the most significant hurdle you had to overcome to get where you are? How would you address this hurdle today? The biggest hurdle was just growing up…and getting over yourself. It takes a team and a selfless approach to really get things done.
What changes have you seen in Abilene during your career? What changes would you like to see? Abilene has come a long way in the 15 years I have been here, and it continues to evolve. I am most excited to see the progress and growth downtown. For my family to be a part of that progress is pretty awesome as well.
What do you want to be doing in 10 years? I think this is pretty cool. I’ll do more of this.
· Water Sports Industry Association – Board of Directors
· Boating Industry’s 40 under 40
· Abilene Chamber of Commerce
· Abilene Downtown Development
· The Well Church
· Abilene Dancing with the Stars / Hendrick Home for Children, Alumni Dancer and Team member
· A helping husband to all of my wife’s wonderful causes. (Cattle Baron’s ball and American Cancer Society, Junior League of Abilene)
Your family: I am so blessed and thankful for my family. My amazing wife Tiffany who is the rock of our family. Kallin 19, at Texas A&M. Madi 16, Junior at Abilene high. Ella 5, going on 12. Nixon 3, and dangerous. I love you all way more than this word limit!